With Spring Break upon us and upcoming summer vacations, here is a great article from I Heart Dogs!
The 7 Best Hotel Chains For Traveling With Your Dog
Your dog is part of the family, so why wouldn’t you want to include them in your family vacation? Finding a hotel that accepts dogs can be difficult, so we’ve found the 7 best hotel chains that will welcome your canine companion. Not every location of these chains accepts pets, and each hotel might have its own fees or size / breed restrictions, so it’s best to call the location you want to visit ahead of time. Keep in mind that most hotels require proof of vaccinations and prohibit leaving dogs unattended in the rooms. Compiled from USA Today and vetSTREET, here’s a list of the 7 best hotel chains that allow dogs.
- Kimpton – With Kimpton’s HosPETality program, dogs of any size are welcomed with amenities that include beds, bowls, and treats. Twelve locations have a Canine Ambassador, a dog who greets every guest. Kimpton does not charge any extra fees for your furry family member.
- Loews – Loews Hotels offer a “Loews Loves Pets” welcome package that includes a pet bowl, dog tags, and treats. Many properties offer dog walking, pet sitting, dog spa treatments, info on local pet services, and loaner beds, leashes, and pet videos. They’ve also partnered with Banfield Pet Hospitals to offer a complimentary exam and a 15% discount on any services performed during your hotel stay. Room service even includes recipes developed by vets and chefs for cats and dogs. Well-behaved pets of any kind, apart from some certain breeds, are allowed with proof of vaccinations. There is a 2 pet maximum and a $25 fee per stay.
- W Hotels – The Pets Are Welcome (PAW) program at W Hotels provides plush beds, bowls, food mats, toys, ID tags, cleanup bags, and turndown treats for dogs up to 40 pounds. There is $25 per day fee as well as a $100 non-refundable cleaning fee.
- Red Roof Inn – One well-behaved pet per room is allowed. Red Roof Inn does not charge any fees or deposits, but they do ask you not to leave your pet unattended in the room and they must be in a kennel or on a leash when outside of the room.
- Best Western – With over 1600 pet-friendly hotels across the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean, Best Western offers recommendations on nearby pet-friendly parks, stores, and restaurants. They allow up to 2 dogs that weigh less than 80 pounds each and charge up to $20 per day up to a maximum of $100 per week. A refundable damage deposit of $50 pay is required.
- La Quinta – Up to 2 dogs under 50 pounds are allowed per room. There are no fees or deposits, but owners are required to be present or have their pets contained in crates during housekeeping services.
- Motel 6 – Pets always stay free. Individual locations may have varying size or breed restrictions, and dogs are forbidden from staying in the rooms alone.
With a little bit of advance planning, your pup can join your human family for an amazing vacation. Remember to clarify all rules and fees with individual locations when booking your reservations. “Bone” Voyage!